Cheese balls with black cabbage and organic sun dried tomatoes – Vegan Recipe
Cheese balls with black cabbage and organic sun dried tomatoes
“Being a cook is a bit like being an artist-scientist, who locks himself up in his laboratory and gives life to his mental creations.
The little balls that I propose, despite their simplicity, have been a real culinary success, probably thanks to an ingredient that I have added and that now never misses out in my pantry: the sun dried tomatoes of Agriblea, which are very tasty and rich in benefits.”
– Patrizia Saccente –
Prep 15 mins | Cook 0 min | Total 15 mins | Portions: 15-20 | – Vegan Recipe
- 200 g cashew nuts, raw and without salt
- 100 g of Ciappa Organic Sun Dried Tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon of Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of Extra virgin olive oil
- Black sesame seeds as required
- Fresh spices of your choice as needed
- Salt as needed.100 g of Black Cabbage
- 100 g of tofu or vegan ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons of Nutritional yeast
- Soak the Sun dried tomatoes in cold water for about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, sauté the cleaned black cabbage in a pan with a drizzle of oil and remove the hardest part. In a food mixer, put the cashews and the ricotta, then start to blend and add the dried tomatoes (without the soaking water), the cabbage (without the cooking liquid), the garlic powder, the baking powder, salt as desired and continue to blend, until you get a creamy dough which can be kneaded with your hands.
Let the dough rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes, in a bowl covered with a sheet of transparent film.
- At this point, chop the spices you have chosen and put them in a plate, in another plate put the sesame seeds.
Take the dough and with the help of your hands create balls of the size you prefer.
Divide the balls into two groups and roll one group into the spices and the other into the sesame seeds, so as to cover the surfaces well.